List Of Interesting Music Research Essay Topics To Write About
Research papers can be written in any classroom, even in the arts. Papers about musical topics are more enjoyable for students to write than the papers about scientific or literary topics. The reason that music papers are more fun for students to write is because there are so many interesting topics. Music research papers can be written about vocal music or instrumental music or theory topics. Here are some ideas:
- How has music changed over the decades?
- Who are the most influential musicians in an era?
- What makes music ¨classical¨?
- How does music affect dance?
- How does a musician break into the industry and become a professional?
- What are the most lucrative careers for musicians?
- How does music affect physical health?
- How does music affect mental health?
- How is music marketed to different age groups?
- How has music categorization affected sales?
- What is the future of the ¨album¨?
- How does music affect fashion?
- How does music affect advertising?
- What has impacted music more: classical music or rock and roll?
- Why are there so many tribute bands?
- How does music affect development in children?
- How does music affect learning and memorization?
- Explain the quote: ¨Music soothes the savage beast.¨
- How is music used during war time?
- Explain the differences between music and poetry.
- Trace the evolution of rap and how it affects culture.
- What has happened to jazz?
- Should the term ¨Indie¨ no longer be used in music?
Music topics can be general, large topics like genres, artists, or movements. These general topics are better suited for lower-level music courses instead of junior or senior level courses. When you get into graduate classes or more specific courses, it is better to focus on narrowed topics. When you choose a topic for a music research paper, you should always be sure the topic is arguable and does not have an obvious answer. If you want to make the topic more interesting for your and your reader, you can always argue the side that no one would imagine to be arguable.
The topic that you pick should be appropriate for the class, but you can manipulate the topic to fit your interest. So, if you are taking a course in music from the Renaissance, but you are really interested in modern rock music, you could compare the types of chords and messages in the two musical genres.
The Top 20 Most Interesting Research Paper Topics About Music
Music is a blessing. It’s something that everybody enjoys, and anyone can feel. It’s the way the soul of the artist expresses itself into this dimension if it can’t be done through words. If you want to write a research paper about it, you will have to keep in mind that it will be pretty time consuming , but I suppose that won’t be such a big problem since you already have the necessary time to complete this task.
- Genres. There are multiple genres of music, so make sure you present them all and how they affect the listener. You can’t talk about taste in something with other people and hope you are right, because everybody is right in this particular area, so try to be objective and present all of them.
- The effects on the brain. Did you know that listening to music is the only activity that uses all of our brain? This is an interesting fact, and depending on the music, it can become quite a tool.
- History. Music has evolved in many ways try to present it’s “map”.
- Psychology of Music. There is an aspect regarding psychology here as well so make sure you write about it if you want an interesting research paper.
- Musicology. Yeah there is a science who is called musicology, fun fact. Make sure you try and research about it and see if it suits you.
- Music in Commercials. How it’s being used and why, how it affects the viewer, these are all things you should take into consideration.
- Using music for education. This will appeal greatly to the younger generation. They can’t learn a lesson in a hour, but if they hear a song for two or three times, they already know it all. So this might be a good and useful tool for any teacher that has the courage to “sing his lessons”.
- Music Theory.
- Music Therapy. It’s used around the world since ancient times.
- Famous musicians.
- Famous composers.
- Philosophy of Music. Yeah something like that exists.
- Different Era’s in music.
- Music in Films.
- Music from Shakespeare. It’s a classic writer, present it and analyze what it’s being used.
- The history of the piano
- Teaching music to the younger generation.
- Great women in music.
- Music from different countries.
planning and organizing
The paper overall should go above and beyond what is expected. This will get the professor’s attention in a good way. You need to make sure there are no errors and that the paper is well written. You may find some of the great tips on our website. If not, ask experts how to polish your paper on the following popular blogs.
If you have any question, be sure to contact us any time through email. Send us your question on email@example.com and get an answer promptly.